Anxiety is among the top struggles currently faced in mental health. Data from the National Alliance of Mental Health shows that millions of Americans struggle to cope with anxiety disorders every day. This, despite the fact that it is a very treatable condition. By combining Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), we can work together to help you to overcome your own challenges with anxiety.
Do You Have Normal Anxiety or an Anxiety Disorder?
Everyday anxiety can come in many different forms. Some examples can be:
- Concern about finding a job if you are unemployed,
- Nervousness ahead of public speaking,
- Tension when you’re running late for an important meeting,
- That startled sensation when you need to slam on the brakes in order to avoid something with your car.
An anxiety disorder, on the other hand, can include:
- The feeling that you need to flee, fight, or freeze for no rational reason,
- Irrational fears when you are not experiencing any real form of danger,
- Panic attacks that occur quite suddenly,
- The tendency to decline to take part in social situations out of a fear of embarrassment or judgment, or
- Nightmares of traumatic events from your past.
Self Help or Professional Help for Anxiety?
If you feel that you have normal anxiety levels, then you can likely deal with the occasional discomforts that those feelings can cause using some great self help techniques that I have described in my “How to Deal with Anxiety” article.
However, if you are struggling with your anxiety levels and feel as though they are affecting your daily life, then I highly recommend that you obtain the help of a professional. This is especially important if you’ve never done it before. You will be able to maintain various anxiety therapies on your own, but a professional will help to teach you those techniques and give you the guidance you need to get started.
I Can Help
The majority of my practice is dedicated to helping adults, adolescents and children to cope with the symptoms of their anxiety and to gradually overcome them so that they can enjoy greater emotional freedom as they move forward in their lives. Please contact me now for your free consultation and let’s see how I can help you achieve this same goal.